Officials say two children severely sickened after drinking what they believed to be apple juice at a Chinese buffet have been released from a Pennsylvania hospital

- Associated Press
Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 14:51 pm EDT

LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) — Officials say two children severely sickened after drinking what they believed to be apple juice at a Chinese buffet have been released from a Pennsylvania hospital.

The 10-year-old boy and 4-year-old girl were taken March 3 to Penn State Hershey Medical Center after their mouths and throats were burned at the Star Buffet & Grill in East Lampeter Township near Lancaster.

Hospital officials said the boy was treated and released, and the girl was in good condition Friday. On Sunday, a spokeswoman said she was no longer listed as a patient.

Police said Department of Agriculture tests indicated that the store-bought juice wasn't the cause of their injuries.

The department referred questions to police, who haven't commented further. Authorities have since closed the restaurant, citing possible building code violations.

___

Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


Log In or Register now to earn tokens for enjoying articles!
DAILY BONUS GAMES
$5K  Bonus Games 
  • 1 Search
  • 2 Enjoy
    Content
  • 3 Enjoy
    Content
  • 4 Enjoy
    Content
  • 5 Enjoy
    Content
x
Make sure you're logged in, complete each step and you'll unlock your shot at a fortune!
  • Search Now!1

    Step 1: Search the web to get info you need and go for a PCH SUPERPRIZE!

  • See what's new!2 3 4 5

    Steps 2-5: Get the news, entertainment, horoscopes, lottery results & more! CLAIM TOKENS!

  • Go for $5,000.00 instantly!

    Completing steps 1-5 automatically unlocks your shot at the BIG $5,000.00 INSTANT WIN BONUS GAMES.