This Adorable Puppy Nearly Overdosed On Opioids
Published on November 17, 2017
An adorable puppy nearly overdosed on opioids in Andover, MA.
Four-month-old Zoey was on a walk with her owner in Andover, MA when she suddenly collapsed. Zoey ate a prescription painkiller that someone left on the sidewalk in an empty cigarette pack. Vets believe it was fentanyl, the opioid that is at least 50 times more potent than morphine.
She was rushed to an animal hospital and given doses of Narcan, the medication given to those who overdose on opioids. Thankfully, Zoey survived and is now in good health. But about 91 people in the U.S. die every day from opioid overdoses.