Buttermilk Chicken Tenders With Teriyaki Dipping Sauce
Provided By - Video Elephant on February 06, 2018
1. HEAT 1 1/2 inches oil in large skillet to 365°F.
2. BLEND flour, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Break eggs into a small bowl; beat lightly. Set aside. Pour 1 cup buttermilk into a separate bowl.
3. DIP chicken, one piece at a time, into buttermilk, then into flour mixture. Coat completely. Dip into egg, then return to flour mixture. Coat completely.
4. PLACE chicken gently in hot oil. Fry, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and juices from chicken run clear.
5. DRAIN on paper towels. Serve immediately or place on rack in 200°F oven until ready to serve.
Teriyaki Dipping Sauce
Combine brown sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium, whisking occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Add ketchup, soy sauce, chile-garlic sauce, onion powder, and ginger. Cook, whisking constantly, until well combined and thickened, about 5 minutes.