8 Common and Costly Homebuying Myths
Provided By - Video Elephant on September 15, 2021
Think you're ready to buy a house? Don't fall victim to these rookie mistakes. Buying a home is a complicated financial transaction, so it’s no surprise that there are quite a few myths that surround homebuying.
Unfortunately, these common beliefs can be costly in the long run. They can cost you money or prevent you from getting a home.
Before starting house hunting, make sure you aren’t falling prey to the following misconceptions.
1. You need 20% down
2. Getting prequalified for a mortgage is better than getting preapproved
3. Your only buying cost is the mortgage
4. Your only ongoing cost is the mortgage payment
5. The lowest initial interest rate is always best
6. An agent isn’t necessary when you’re buying a home
7. You don’t need to shop around for a mortgage
8. Buying is always better than renting